Tuesday 28 August 2012

what?

This issue: Songs that I can't even describe.

First of all, an acapella version of a song that shouldn't be done acapella, with a video of some lads down the pub. Oh wait, that was a description. Damn.

Flying Pickets - Only You


Well fine. But this...

Tenpole Tudor - Who killed Bambi


And this:

Landscape - Einstein-a-go-go


Oh shit, and how could I forget:

Lieutenant Pigeon - Mouldy Old Dough


Okay, I can describe the next one: yodeling rock. Oh wait but sometimes he's just singing contralto and/or flipping out. And then... OUT COMES THE JAZZ FLUTE! Wait, what's he even doing now?...

Focus - Hocus Pocus


Focus actually rocks, the main singer doesn't like words though.

Then there's a song sung by Richard Harris, aka the first Dumbledore. "Someone left the cake out in the rain / I don't think that I can take it / 'Cause it took so long to bake it / And I'll never have that recipe again" (The full lyrics) After taking a turn into "I will never love again," the songsmith (songsmith?) decided to morph it into an upbeat dance tune. Apparently the cake is supposed to be symbolic.

Richard Harris - MacArthur Park


And to finish this post off, here is not just some, but a lot of Bill Murray.

Eclectic Method - Bill Murray


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment